Probably the last few weeks you have heard news about an new post-apocalyptic game being released called Sheltered from new developers Unicube and Team 17 . A global apocalypse has hit and a scared family struggling to survive makes their way to a abandoned shelter. Your role is to protect the four family members and this brings a lot of responsibility. Every decision you make will effect their wellbeing and survival with one bad choice resulting in a loss of a loved one. And here death is permanent.
You must combat claustrophobia, radiation and mental exhaustion as you try to turn the cold and cramped shelter into a home. You must also send various family members out into the dangerous world to gather essential supplies. How you handle the many moral choices you’ll encounter could be the difference between the family surviving or dying.
Family comes first: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world
• Pets: Your pet is family too. Choose between the dog, cat, fish, snake or horse
• Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
• Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat
• Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance
• Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting
• Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty
• RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices
• Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts
• Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it
• Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer
• Bloodlines: Extend your family lineage
Check back in the next few days for a full review. Sheltered will be available to download for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac and Linux on the 15th March for just £9.99 / $14.99 /12,99 €